Rewiring The Brain For Creativity, Compassion, & Ease
Mindfulness is a practice & way of being such that you are fully present & alive to each moment with kindness & curiosity.
About The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR)
MBSR was developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the UMass Medical School to help people learn to relate to whatever is happening in their lives with ease, compassion, & clarity. Mounting research indicates many benefits including:
- Enhanced ability to manage stress
- Greater energy & enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- More focus
- Emotional regulation
- Interpersonal benefits
- Managing pain
At The Introduction, You Will:
- Learn more about the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program – the background, science, and how it works
- Get an experience of the approaches used in MBSR
- Experience how your mind works on default
- Meet the teacher and ask questions you may have about mindfulness or this program
- Find out if MBSR is right for you at this time
Who Is This For?
This free introduction is for anyone interested in mindfulness or looking for secular practices to find more ease in their lives and it is required for people taking the eight week MBSR course to attend the orientation class.
Free Introduction Classes
If you are curious about the MBSR program or would like to explore if this is the right program for you at this time, please attend a free class or contact us if you cannot attend. This class is required prior to taking our MBSR Evening class.
If you are curious about the MBSR program or would like to explore if this is the right program for you at this time, please RSVP using the form below.
Please check the calendar for upcoming eight-week classes.
To learn more about the MBSR program and its cost please click here.